Comment on page
Serial port markers
EmotivPRO can receive automatic markers via serial ports (TTL and virtual), so that you can perform event-related experiments with high temporal precision.
To configure serial port markers using a real or virtual COM port:
- 1.Click on Settings which can be found at the top right-hand side of EmotivPRO.
- 2.Select Serial port marking from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- 3.Select the configurations you need from each menu: COM port (real or virtual), bits per second (BAU), data bits, parity, stop bits, and flow control that are compatible with your sending device
- 4.Click on Start to save the configurations.
- 5.Click on the back arrow at the top left-hand corner of the screen to go back to the Recording screen.
You will see a vertical pink line in the data stream in Raw EEG, Performance Metrics and Motion Sensors views when a marker has been added successfully and will be able to view the markers in the recording timeline and exported data file.