Comment on page
Recording EEG data with an EMOTIV headset
When a participant plays an experiment, the EMOTIV headset they’re wearing collects raw EEG data, performance metrics, and motion data automatically.
All elements in an experiment are time-marked and can be viewed in EmotivPRO. These include:
- Start and finish times.
- Key presses and mouse clicks. These are recorded and time-stamped in JSON format.
- JSON maker files can be merged with EEG Parquet files.
To find a data recording(s) you want to export, you need to:
- 1.Go to the Recordings tab in EmotivPRO. You can either:
- 1.Find the recording(s) you’re looking for on the screen;
- 2.Use the search tool to search for it by name; or
- 3.Use the filters option to find your recording(s).
- 2.Select the recording(s) you want to export and click on the downloadbutton at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- 3.A window will open in EmotivPRO with various options for exporting your EEG data recording(s).
Select the information you want to export and the folder you want to export to and click on Export.
More information on exporting EEG data can be found in the EmotivPRO manual.