Comment on page
Feedback, responses and validations
Feedback means the correct or incorrect response displayed when a participant presses a key on their keyboard or clicks a mouse button. When the participant presses a key, the element will move onto the next one, regardless of the element's duration.
Response options include:
- Any keypress means that the experiment will move onto the next element when the participant presses any key on their keyboard.
- Nominated keypress means the experiment will move onto the next element when the participant presses the specified key(s) on their keyboard.
Feedback options include:
- Sound and visual feedback for correct responses. When a participant selects a correct answer, a green tick is shown and/or a 'correct' sound will play.
- Sound and visual feedback for incorrect responses. When a participant selects an incorrect answer, a red cross is shown and/or an 'error' sound will play.
Key validations include:
- Define whether a subject's response is given a tick or cross.
- Can be set for an element tag, name, text, or color.
The name used for a validation must use the file name for that element. Do not give the validation a different name. To add responses, feedback or key validations to a stimuli phase, click on the Settings button, then select Response.