Comment on page
Instruction phases allow you to build instructions into an experiment. You can
- Add a next or back button to your instruction — so a participant can move forward or backward through the instructions if they have not understood something.
- Add a next button under every element so a participant can decide when to move onto the next screen in the experiment.
- Display an instruction multiple times by setting the ‘loop’ option. The phase can be ‘looped’ until the user clicks next or by a specified number of loops.
- Add a soundtrack overlay.
All elements can be added to an instructions phase. However, there is less customization available in instruction phases — for example, you cannot change an element's duration in an instruction phase.
To add a new instruction to an instructions phase, click on the + button on the instruction phase screen. When you click on the + button, a drop-down list will appear where you can choose one of the following elements to add to the phase:
- Text — Type and edit text that you want to include in the phase.
- Image — Upload an image file or select a previously uploaded image you want to include in the phase.
- Audio — Upload an audio file or select a previously uploaded audio file you want to include in the phase.
- Video — Upload an audio file or select a previously uploaded audio file you want to include in the phase.
- Questionnaire — Type questions, select the type of questions (multiple-choice, open text, etc.), input answers and choose how to display them in the phase.