Comment on page
Syncing real-time clock
Extender has a real-time clock which it uses to timestamp a recording. Before you get started recording files it is a good idea to update the RTC by syncing it to your computer using our service application, EMOTIV App. If you carry out a hardware reset or the device is left unused for a while we recommend syncing the clock again. For more information about using Cortex, visit the Cortex user manual here.
To sync your real-time clock:
- 2.Connect your Extender via USB to your computer. Please ensure it is powered on (green light on) and the microSD card is removed.
- 3.Click on theicon on the connected device panel on Cortex to reveal options list
- 4.Select “Sync clock” from the drop down menu
- 5.Wait for the sync to finish and success message to appear at the bottom of the app screen
- 6.Hold down the power button for 3s until the green light turns off.
- 7.Press the button again to turn back on your Extender and confirm that the clock is up to date.
Note: if you do not see time clock information, please update Extender firmware.